Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunshine in Baxley, GA

             It's been awhile since our last post which was meant to catch you up. We are getting used to the flow of bike travel now and should be writing a lot more. The fact that we are in Baxley, GA and everyone seems to be angels has made it a lot easier for us to get Internet access. When you ride into Baxley the first place you see is a brand spanking new KFC but after that is City Hall. We were warmly welcomed by Raven and when we asked to speak to the mayor she says,"sure he's at his other job at peoples bank two businesses down." We went there and got our first mayors signature. I'm feeling pretty good about that I think we will cont. to do it. It also helped that he was nice and gave us some info about the Baxley. He also let us no maybe the newspaper would do a write up. We haven't made the time for media but everything in Baxley seems so easy and nice. It was right across the street. We went over and what ya know he did an interview and took our picture right then and there. 15-20 minutes tops.  Left there and walla in between the City Hall and the mayors job is the public library. The lady at the counter was awesome and let us simply use the computers since it wasn't that busy. All of this leads to me writing this post right now. I gotta say I'm digg'n this city.

This past week has been great. I have to say I wasn't sure about Georgia but I am very sure now that GA is a beautiful welcoming state. We are only half way through GA and I've met so many great people from Kingsland to Brunswick (where I had the experience of a life time) to now in Baxley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment.

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...

Contact Us

813-919-8793

Send items to:
809 east bloomingdale avenue
Brandon FL, 33511